Ways to Implement Choosing Wisely
Start by educating your providers, staff and patients about the benefits, purpose and goals of Choosing Wisely.
• Establish an implementation plan for your practice.
• Educate your staff about the benefits of having conversations with your patients about appropriate tests, procedures and treatments.
• Educate your patients on how to be a partner in making good health decisions and taking an active role in their health by understanding the costs and benefits of tests and procedures.
• Remember to track and use data to understand and improve performance.
• Use this training module as a guide to help implement a plan that is right for you and your practice.
Be a champion for health care by Choosing Wisely!