Ways to Implement Choosing Wisely
Start by educating your providers, staff and patients about the benefits, purpose and goals of Choosing Wisely.
• Establish an implementation plan for your practice.
• Educate your staff on how using the Choosing Wisely lists can help them and your patients communicate better and understand your health care decisions.
• Educate your patients on how using the Choosing Wisely lists can help them be a partner in making good health decisions and taking an active role in their health.
• Remember to track and use data to understand and improve performance.
• Use guides and toolkits from Choosing Wisely to help you implement a plan that is right for you and your practice.
Be a champion for health care by Choosing Wisely!