Provider Guides and Quick Reference Charts
Authorization and Referral Reference Materials
- Authorization and Referral Provider Resources: A guide highlighting the resources HNFS offers to assist providers with authorization and referral submissions.
- Request Type Guide: A listing of specialty, outpatient, inpatient, and durable medical equipment request types to choose from when submitting authorization and referral requests online. Request types are templates with associated CPT® codes, number of visits and authorization time frames.
- CareAffiliate® User Guide: Step-by-step guide to submitting authorization and referral requests online using CareAffiliate, HNFS' comprehensive online tool.
- Web/Authorization Referral Form (WARF) User Guide: Step-by-step guide to submitting outpatient authorization and referral requests online using WARF, HNFS' online tool for providers not registered at www.tricare-west.com. Note: WARF does not support inpatient requests. Please use CareAffiliate.
- CareAffiliate training script: Guide to assist in training new staff in your practice on using CareAffiliate.
- Life of an Outpatient Referral: A flow chart describing the complete outpatient referral process.
- Prior Authorization, Referral and Benefit Tool Guide: Step-by-step guide to using the Prior Authorization, Referral and Benefit tool to determine which benefits/services require an approval from HNFS.
TRICARE Quick Reference Charts
Click on the titles below to view/print important TRICARE information for providers and staff.
Active Duty/ National Guard and Reserve