Network Directory Ratings
Health Net Federal Services, LLC (HNFS) offers information on physicians and other health care providers to assist you in the selection of practitioners.
Keep in mind, if a physician or other health care provider does not have one of the below-listed designations, it does not mean that provider does not provide quality care. All network providers must meet TRICARE and HNFS stringent quality and credentialing requirements.
RowdMap High Value Provider Designation
It is estimated about 30 percent of health care spending goes towards unnecessary care. HNFS has partnered with RowdMap, a recognized analytics subsidiary of Cotiviti Holdings, Inc., to help us rank providers based on their patterns of clinical practice.
According to RowdMap criteria, high value providers:
- Demonstrate thoughtful use of diagnostic tests and procedures.
- Begin with conservative care, performing surgery or other maximally intense options only when the outcome is likely to be better than alternative treatment options.
- Perform more procedures that represent good value than his or her peers.
- If surgeons, perform surgery on appropriate patients in the optimal setting, with fewer complications and readmissions.
- Manage pain with lower-risk medications.
- Align with other high value providers in their geographic area.
HNFS designates high value providers with a RowdMap rating of 1 or 2 (out of 5) in its network provider directory with a blue star.
Patient-Centered Medical Home Designation
The Patient-Centered Medical Home is a model of care that puts patients at the forefront of care. Patient-Centered Medical Homes are designed to build better relationships between people and their clinical care teams, resulting in improved quality, patient experience and staff satisfaction, all while reducing health care costs. The National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA), a private, non-profit organization dedicated to improving health care quality, accredits and certifies a wide range of health care organizations. Its Patient-Centered Medical Home Recognition Program highlights primary care providers who have made a commitment to:
- Help understand treatment options and are a partner in decisions about your care.
- Get better access through expanded hours and the web.
- Have providers work in teams to prevent problems and manage chronic conditions to keep patients healthy.
HNFS designates NCQA Patient-Centered Medical Home recognition in its network provider directory with the NCQA emblem.
Military Culture Awareness (Mental Health Care Providers Only)
Mental health care providers who have earned the Department of Defense’s provider readiness designation, as indicated by a medicine bag icon, have specific knowledge of military culture and treatment of mental health issues among members of the Armed Forces.
Learn more about the online courses required to earn this designation on our Online Provider Education page.