Diabetes Outpatient Self-Management Training
Diabetes self-management training is a limited benefit. More >>
Diabetic Supplies and Equipment
Diabetic supplies and equipment are a limited benefit. More >>
Inpatient admissions for diagnostic services and supplies are not covered. Inpatient admissions primarily to perform diagnostic tests, examinations and/or procedures that could have been and are performed routinely on an outpatient basis are not covered.
The following diagnostic radiology services may be a covered benefit when medically necessary:
- Breast magnetic resonance imaging (MRI). See breast MRI information for limitations.
- Bone density study (Dexascan). See bone density study information for limitations.
- Cardiovascular magnetic resonance (CMR).
- Chest X-rays.
- Computerized tomography (CT) scans.
- Helical (spiral) CT scans with or without contrast enhancement.
- Magnetic resonance angiography (MRA).
- Magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) with or without contrast media.
- Mammography to further diagnose breast abnormalities or other problems.
- Open MRI with or without contrast media.
- Portable X-ray services.
- Three-dimensional (3D) rendering.
View the laboratory and X-ray cost information for diagnostic breast MRIs. All other diagnostic radiology services follows ancillary costs.
End Stage Renal Disease (ESRD) services, hemodialysis, and other dialysis services and supplies are covered.
Not a covered benefit under the basic TRICARE benefit. Items may be covered under the Extended Care Health Option (ECHO). See the ECHO Benefits page for details.
Durable Medical Equipment (DME), Prosthetic Devices and Medical Supplies
Durable medical equipment is a limited benefit. Also see orthotics. More >>
Not a covered benefit.