External Resource Sharing Agreement Claims
TRICARE covers the external resource sharing agreement (ERSA) program by enabling military health care personnel, active duty and civilian, to provide covered medical services to active duty and TRICARE beneficiaries in a network facility.
Network facilities that participate in ERSA must know the military hospital/clinic or PPO identification number for proper billing.
Facilities should include the following on their ERSA claims:
- The contract type code must be 09.
- The reference identification must contain the military hospital/clinic or PPO identification number.
- Loop 2300 (the CN1 segment) is required.
- Loop 2300-CN101 (also known as the contract type code) is 09.
- Loop 2300-CN104 (also known as the reference identification) is the military hospital/clinic identification number.
Please also include the facility’s National Provider Identifier (NPI) and physical address.
Facilities can contact PGBA, LLC's Electronic Data Interchange (EDI) Help Desk at 1-800-259-0264 for assistance in submitting ERSA EDI claims.