In Case You Missed It: COVID-19 Vaccine Updates and West Region Telehealth Options
Thursday, July 28, 2022
Health Net Federal Services, LLC wants to help keep you informed on COVID-19 vaccine access and telehealth options for TRICARE West Region beneficiaries.
Children six months and older can now get vaccinated
Vaccination continues to be an important step in keeping you and your loved ones protected from COVID-19. Good news! The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) recently released new guidance for those eligible to receive a COVID-19 vaccine. Now, eligible children ages six months and older can receive a COVID-19 Pfizer-BioNTech or Moderna vaccine. The Johnson & Johnson/Janssen vaccine is still available to those ages 18 years and older.
Have you already received your primary series? Don’t forget. The CDC recommends boosters for eligible individuals ages five years and older.
The vaccine is offered at no cost under TRICARE’s clinical preventive services benefit.
For additional COVID-19 vaccine and booster information, visit www.cdc.gov, www.tricare.mil and www.tricare-west.com.
Health Net Federal Services offers you telehealth options
Having access to virtual health care gives you great options to take control of your health. You can skip the car ride and enjoy the convenience of seeing health care professionals from the comfort of your home. If you’d like to find a network provider who offers telehealth, start your search by using the telemedicine filter in our Network Provider Directory. We also have a number of network telehealth partners to help you get you the care you need. These include:
- Doctor on Demand (urgent and mental health care, including psychiatry, available in all TRICARE West Region states)
- Telemynd (mental health care, including psychiatry; services available vary by state)
- HealthLink Now (mental health care; Arizona, California, Nevada, Texas, and Washington only)
- PsychConnect (mental health care including psychiatry; only available in Arizona)
- TeamHealth VirtualCare (urgent care, only available in Colorado)
- SimpliFed (lactation and baby feeding support; available in all West Region states except New Mexico and Oregon)
This list is subject to change. Visit our Telehealth Options page for details.
Referral requirements for covered telemedicine services are the same as those for in-person visits.
Visit www.tricare.mil for benefit information.