TRICARE West for Beneficiaries
Prime Referral Waiver
Extended through March 31
EFT/RCC Auto Pay Set Up
Sign Up with HNFS
Need Urgent Care?
Streamlined Access to Care
Doctor Not in Our Network?
Ask Your Doctor to Join TRICARE!
We offer many self-service tools on our website you can use to assist with your TRICARE transactions, as well as general information should you have questions about the recent changes to TRICARE.
You can also use our Interactive Voice Response system for certain transactions, such as checking eligibility and making enrollment payments, rather than waiting on hold. Tip: If you have background noise when using the IVR, mute your phone and key in your responses.
Five things to know
- The Defense Health Agency has temporarily waived referral and authorization requirements for TRICARE West Region beneficiaries enrolled in a TRICARE Prime plan. Learn how to initiate care on our TRICARE Prime Referral Waiver details page.
- If you previously made TRICARE enrollment payments via an automated method of either electronic funds transfers (EFT) or recurring credit card (RCC) with UnitedHealthcare, this arrangement did not transfer over to HNFS. To continue with EFT/RCC automated payments, you must re-establish these with HNFS.
- We are honoring active authorizations and referrals that were issued by UnitedHealthcare that extend into 2018, even if the servicing provider is not part of the HNFS West Region network. No action is required by you, and you do not need a separate approval letter from HNFS.
- Beneficiary Web Enrollment (BWE) is available for online enrollment transactions. If you filed enrollment applications or primary care manager (PCM) changes during the enrollment freeze by mail or phone, we are now processing those applications. It will take several weeks to process these requests.
- Use the nomination form within the network directory if you'd like us to contact a doctor about joining our network.
Visit www.tricare.mil/changes often for detailed information on the recent changes and to sign up for email alerts.