Updated Version of TRICARE Provider Handbook to Post July 1
Thursday, May 30, 2019
Health Net Federal Services, LLC (HNFS) is updating its TRICARE West Region Provider Handbook to incorporate recent changes to TRICARE and HNFS-specific processes used to administer the program. The updated handbook will post to www.tricare-west.com by July 1, 2019.
Be sure to review the full contents of the TRICARE West Region Provider Handbook, as it is a component of your TRICARE Provider Agreement.
- Revised credentialing details for mental health care provider types
- Removed references to MHN, LLC.
- Clarified why certain provider types are not listed in HNFS’ Network Provider Directory
- Expanded the Directory Ratings section
- Added new and/or revised benefit content:
- Three-dimensional mammograms
- Maternity care length of stay
- Banked donor milk
- Breast pumps and supplies
- Added clinical documentation requirements for mental health care providers
- Revised the vaccine billing guidelines
- Added banked donor milk, breast pumps and breast pump supplies reimbursement guidelines
- Revised the home health agency pricing guidelines
- Updated the home infusion drug pricing section
This list is not all-inclusive.
Changes to TRICARE are continually made as public law, federal regulation, and HNFS’ managed care support contract are amended. Continue to visit www.tricare-west.com for the most up-to-date information.