Emergency Procedures in Place: West Coast Wildfires
Thursday, August 20, 2020
Updated Sept. 16, 2020
Due to wildfires, TRICARE West Region beneficiaries and providers in affected areas may experience impacts to health care or facility closures. We have recommend beneficiaries contact their provider(s) to confirm appointments and/or scheduled procedures prior to arriving. Get up-to-date information on TRICARE's Disaster Information page.
- Emergency prescription refill procedures are in place in areas of California and Oregon. To get an emergency refill, beneficiaries can take their prescription bottle to any TRICARE network pharmacy. Beneficiaries and providers can use the network pharmacy locator or call Express Scripts at 1-877-363-1303 to locate a network pharmacy. This emergency procedure applies to the following areas:
- Josephine, Lake, and Washington counties in Oregon through Sept. 25, 2020
- Trinity, Tulare, Siskiyou, and Yuba counties counties in California through Sept. 24, 2020
- A primary care manager (PCM) referral waiver is in place Aug. 19 through Sept. 19, 2020, for TRICARE Prime beneficiaries in specific areas of Napa, Solano and Sonoma counties in California.
During this time frame, TRICARE Prime beneficiaries in these areas will not be charged Point of Service if they seek care from a network or TRICARE-authorized provider for specialty care without a referral.
At this time, the PCM waiver does not apply to inpatient care, applied behavior analysis (ABA) or Extended Care Health Option (ECHO) services.
- The MHS Nurse Advice Line is available 24/7. Beneficiaries can talk with a registered nurse to get non-emergent medical advice or to get help locating the nearest facility.