Provider Location Limits in Network Directory
Thursday, January 23, 2020
Whether you are a TRICARE beneficiary looking for a local doctor or TRICARE provider looking to refer your patient for specialty care, Health Net Federal Services, LLC (HNFS) offers its online Network Provider Directory to help you easily locate network providers in the TRICARE West Region. To help reduce the risk of beneficiaries being appointed to incorrect provider offices, we will be limiting the number of locations listed for each provider to five (5). This change takes effect Feb. 1, 2020.
We recognize some provider groups have more than five locations. However, a key function of HNFS’ Network Provider Directory is to list practitioner locations available for patient appointing; it is not intended to display:
- Locum tenens (temporary physician staffing)
- Potential locations for the purpose of filling in for another provider
- Providers’ billing addresses
How to prepare for this change
We offer the following recommendations to prepare for this directory update:
- Visit our Network Provider Directory to verify your appropriate appointing locations are listed. Log in to use HNFS’ Update Demographics tool or use the Suggest Changes option within the directory if you find inaccuracies.
- If you have practitioners who accept appointments at more than five (5) locations, notify your Provider Network Manager.
- If you have a delegated credentialing agreement with HNFS, review your current provider rosters to ensure no more than five (5) locations are selected to be published in the Network Provider Directory. Notify your delegated auditor via email at HNFS_delegated@hnfs.com of any updates.
Find detailed instructions on how to add and update location information in our Frequently Asked Questions.