COVID-19 Outbreak: Skilled Nursing and Long-Term Care Facilities – Notify HNFS about Impacted TRICARE Patients
Thursday, March 19, 2020
With the spread of the coronavirus disease (COVID-19) now across the U.S., we are working with our network facilities to track TRICARE beneficiaries diagnosed with or who may have been exposed to COVID-19.
- ABOUT: TRICARE West Region beneficiaries who have tested positive for COVID-19 or are under examination for being exposed.
- WHY: To help protect the readiness of our military, and so we may best support our community during this pandemic.
- WHEN: As soon as reasonably possible.
- HOW: Email HNFS at HNFS_Inpatient_UM@hnfs.com.
- INCLUDE: The beneficiary’s name, date of birth and Social Security number/DoD Benefits Number, and your facility name and location. Please specify: confirmed test, exposure with symptoms – test pending or exposure no symptoms.
Additionally, facilities concerned about patient exposure should notify their local or state health department for guidance. The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) has directed nursing homes to significantly restrict visitors and nonessential personnel. Visit www.cms.gov.
For up-to-date information on COVID-19, visit the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) website at www.cdc.gov/COVID-19. We also encourage providers and beneficiaries to visit our website and www.tricare.mil/coronavirus for updates.
Find the CDC’s “Strategies to Prevent the Spread of COVID-19 in Long-Term Care Facilities” at www.cdc.gov, and additional information at https://skillednursingnews.com and www.ahcancal.org.