Adobe's Support of Flash Ends: Impact to CareAffiliate Attachment Feature in IE 11
Tuesday, January 12, 2021
Health Net Federal Services, LLC (HNFS) offers two online tools that allow providers to submit authorization and referral requests online. CareAffiliate, the preferred submission tool, allows users to add attachments such as supporting medical documentation to expedite the authorization review process. The second tool, the Web Authorzation Referral Form or WARF, does not allow for attachments. Due to Adobe's support of Flash Player ending, as of Jan. 12, 2021, providers who use Internet Explorer (IE) 11 as their web browser will need to disable the "Shockwave Flash Object" application in order to continue submitting attachments in CareAffiliate. This does not apply to those who use Chrome as their web browser.
if you use IE 11 as your web browser, you must do the following to be able to add attachments in CareAffiliate:
- In the upper right corner of your browser window, click on the tools icon.
- Select "Manage add-ons."
- Select "Show: All Add-ons."
- Look for Shockwave Flash Object and select that application.
- Click on the "Disable" button and close the window.
- If you haven't already, log out from CareAffiliate.
- Close and reopen your Internet Explorer browser.
Find additional information about submitting authorization and referral requests to HNFS on our How to Submit an Authorization or Referral page.