Abortion Billing Tips
See our Abortion page for benefit information and approval requirements.
All claims (i.e., the CMS 1450 UB-04 and CMS 1500) must include the following:
- The G7 modifier, which is defined as the pregnancy resulted from rape or incest, or pregnancy certified by physician as life threatening
- One of the following condition codes:
- AA – abortion performed due to rape
- AB – abortion performed due to incest
- AD – abortion performed due to life endangering physical condition
View our claims page for more details on submitting claims.