Copayment and Cost-Share Information
Note: Please see the table at the bottom of the page for 2021 costs and fees.
- Copayments and cost-shares are subject to change at the beginning of each calendar year.
- Copayments are per occurrence or per visit.
- Cost-shares are a percentage of the contracted rate for network providers and the maximum TRICARE allowable for non-network providers on certain types of services.
- Beneficiaries have an out-of-pocket maximum for covered medical expenses; this is known as the catastrophic cap.
- Point of Service cost-shares and deductibles may apply to TRICARE Prime and TRICARE Prime Remote beneficiaries (excluding active duty service members).
- Important: Active duty service members do not have an out-of-pocket costs for care.
2022 Cost Information by Benefit
Detailed information on copayments and cost-shares is listed below by benefit. You can also view this information using the cost links in our Benefits A-Z list.