Chronic Care/Disease Management and Case Management Patient Bill of Rights and Responsibilities
When you participate in a Chronic Care/Disease Management or Case Management Program, you have certain rights and responsibilities.
You have the right to:
- Know the philosophy and characteristics of the Program.
- Have personally identifiable health information shared by the Program only in accordance with state and federal law.
- Know the identity and job title of staff members and speak with a supervisor upon request.
- Receive accurate information from the Program.
- Receive administrative information regarding changes in or termination of the Program.
- Decline participation, revoke consent or disenroll at any point in time.
You have the responsibility to:
- Submit any forms that are necessary to participate in the Program to the extent required by law.
- Give accurate clinical and contact information, and notify the Program of changes in this information.
- Notify your treating provider of your participation in the Program (if applicable).