Beneficiary Web Enrollment
What You Can Do with Beneficiary Web Enrollment (BWE)
*You may not enroll in TRICARE Prime with BWE if you do not live in a Prime Service Area. You must submit a TRICARE Prime Enrollment, Disenrollment and PCM Change Form or request enrollment by telephone. If you are eligible for TPR or TPRADFM, you may enroll using BWE even though you do not live in a Prime Service Area.
Ways to Access Beneficiary Web Enrollment (BWE)
Common Access Card
For information on how to obtain a Common Access Card (CAC) or reset a CAC PIN, contact your local RAPIDS site. You may also call the Defense Manpower Data Center Support Office toll-free at 1-800-477-8227 for assistance in locating a CAC issuing facility.
Department of Defense (DoD) Self-Service Logon
As a sponsor, you may obtain a DoD self-service logon for family members by using your CAC to log in to the DoD Self-Service Access Center.
Defense Finance and Accounting Service (DFAS) Account (myPay)
Defense Finance and Accounting Service accounts have taken the place of the myPAY PIN and Social Security number logon. If you have not created a DFAS account, need help logging in or have forgotten your password visit the myPay website. You may also call the customer support unit toll-free at 1-888-DFAS411 (1-888-332-7411).
For technical assistance (for example, website will not work, error messages) while using BWE, call the Defense Manpower Data Center Support office toll-free at 1-800-477-8227.
Beneficiary Web Enrollment (BWE) Tips
- You may only enroll in TRICARE Prime with BWE if you live in a Prime Service Area.
- New enrollments are effective the date the request is received unless a qualifying life event (QLE) is involved. Qualifying life events will be effective based on the date of eligibility in DEERs*.
- Newborn enrollments will be made effective on the newborn's date of birth as long as a request is received within 90 days* of birth.
- Change in status enrollments, such as mid-month retirements, can be retroactive*, if requested within 90 days of the QLE.
- Check BWE routinely to view your enrollment status.
- Primary care manager changes and transfer dates are effective the date of the request.
- Do not seek care until you receive notification from TRICARE to view your enrollment information on milConnect. If you must seek care before receiving confirmation of the change, log in to milConnect to verify your enrollment information such as your effective date or PCM information.
- You are automatically waiving your drive time standards if you choose a PCM more than 30 minutes from your home. When you select a PCM through BWE, the site will not factor in drive time from your home to your PCM. Therefore, be aware of the drive time before you make your selection. Enrollment rules exist in certain areas that affect your selection. Changes to your selection may be made by the regional contractor.
*At this time, BWE does not allow retroactive enrollments as a result of a QLE change. You must submit an enrollment form or enroll by phone to have your enrollment backdated within 90 days of your QLE.