Choosing or Changing Your Primary Care Manager (PCM)
Step 1. Use the Prime and PCM Selection Guide below to determine:
- If it is mandatory or optional to have your PCM at a military hospital or clinic, or
- If you are not in a TRICARE Prime Service Area (PSA) whether you can enroll by waiving your drive time standards.
Note: Only military hospitals or clinics accepting new enrollees will be displayed.
Step 2. Enroll or request a PCM change:
- Online* (once signed in, click the ‘Benefits’ tab and select ‘Beneficiary Web Enrollment’)
*You must live in a PSA or qualify for TRICARE Prime Remote to use the online tool.
- Within two weeks, you will receive an email or postcard to view the change at milConnect.
- If you make the change online or by fax/mail, confirm your assignment before seeing the new PCM. (PCM requests are not guaranteed due to provider capacity/enrollment criteria.)