Paying Enrollment Fees by Allotment
How to Set Up an Allotment
- Online: Use our Manage My Payment tool (open in Google Chrome or Microsoft Edge).
- Telephone self-service: Call 1-844-866-WEST (9378). You do not need to speak to a live representative. After entering your sponsor information, select option 4 ("enrollment"), then option 4 again to make an enrollment payment, and then option 2. You can then make a payment (if applicable) and/or set up automatic payments.
- Paper application:
Based on when you submit your request, you may need to pay up to three months up front when establishing allotment payments. TRICARE beneficiaries who do not pay required enrollment fees are subject to disenrollment.
Confirming Allotment Set Up
We will send a confirmation email within four business days after receiving your allotment set up request. Use our Manage My Payment tool to see current payment status, including allotment details. Please allow up to two business days for our systems to update.
An allotment allows you to have your TRICARE Prime and/or Select enrollment fee automatically deducted from your retirement pay.
- Allotments can only be used for TRICARE Prime and Select enrollment fees.
- You may establish monthly fee payments via allotment if you receive your retirement pay from the Defense Finance and Accounting Service (DFAS).
- If you have some family members enrolled in TRICARE Prime and others in TRICARE Select, you must submit separate allotment payment requests for each plan type, even if the allotment is being pulled from the same retirement pay.