Paying Enrollment Fees by Allotment
TRICARE Select Group A Retirees
Effective Jan. 1, 2021, most retirees and their family members enrolled in TRICARE Select who are Group A will begin paying enrollment fees. You are considered Group A if you or your sponsor enlisted or was appointed prior to Jan. 1, 2018.
If you were disenrolled for non-payment and wish to be reinstated, complete our TRICARE Select Reinstatement Form.
TRICARE Select Group A retirees who were disenrolled for non-payment have through June 30, 2021 to request reinstatement and pay fees due. After June 30, enrollment changes can only be made after a qualifying life event or during TRICARE's annual Open Season.
How to Set Up an Allotment
- Online: Use our Manage My Payment tool (open in Google Chrome or Internet Explorer 11).
- Telephone self-service: Call 1-844-866-WEST (9378). You do not need to speak to a live representative. After entering your sponsor information, select ‘Enrollment’ and then option 4 for TRICARE Select allotments.
- Paper application:
Based on when you submit your request, you may need to pay up to three months up front when establishing allotment payments. TRICARE beneficiaries who do not pay required enrollment fees are subject to disenrollment.
Confirming Allotment Set Up
We will send a confirmation email within four business days after receiving your allotment set up request. Use our Manage My Payment tool to see current payment status, including allotment details. Please allow up to two business days for our systems to update.
An allotment allows you to have your TRICARE Prime and/or Select enrollment fee automatically deducted from your retirement pay.
- Allotments can only be used for TRICARE Prime and Select enrollment fees.
- You may establish monthly fee payments via allotment if you receive your retirement pay from the Defense Finance and Accounting Service (DFAS).
- If you have some family members enrolled in TRICARE Prime and others in TRICARE Select, you must submit separate allotment payment requests for each plan type, even if the allotment is being pulled from the same retirement pay.